Re: [OM] OM-10 on switch

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 on switch
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:21:51 +0100
>My question is: Assuming you are relying on the camera's center
>weighted metering for exposure, and not making any adjustments or
>compensations, does it matter whether you leave the camera switched
>on or off?
>
>BBB

I think the simple answer is that the switch just turns on the VF metering.
 As I understand it, the auto-exposure circuits and the stuff that lights
the LEDs in the VF are quite separate.  When you press the button, that
switches on the auto-exposure circuitry whether the meter switch is on or
off.  So the short answer to your question is "no" - except that you won't
know the shutter speed in use if the switch is "off".

Regards
Richard