Re: [OM] Red Eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] Red Eyes
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:18:34 +0000
Red eye and long focal lengths go together.  you probably would not have got
red eye
if you had used the lens in the 35-50mm range but above that you increase your
chances of red eye.

I think it has to do with the angle between the lens axis and the flash - from
the
point of view of the subject.  The narrower the apparent angle the greater
the chance of red eye.

To put it another way - the further away the subject, the greater the chance of
red
eye - irrespective of whether you use a longer focal length to make it appear
that
the subject is near to you.

One way around this problem is to bounce the flash - if possible.

Giles