[OM] IS flash mount converter?

Subject: [OM] IS flash mount converter?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 17:30:52 +0200
Just read the following in rec.photo.equipment.35mm:

-quote-
"Hi there, people
I'm afraid but it seems to me that you are not correct :<(((
Olympus produce special "convertor" to mount different flash guns
instead G-40...on top IS 1, 2, 3 (in Europe - IS 1000, 2000, 3000).
I remember only that price for that "convertor" is very close to the
price of G-40.
You have to check the Cat. # with Olympus people.
Regards,
dads

Andrey Tarasevich wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Equality57 wrote:
> >
> > Can you use a Vivtar 283/285 with the IS-3. Thanks in advance for the info.
> > -Jack
>
>         I don't think you can fit there anything but G-40. IS-3's hotshoe is
> not
> standard.
>
> -Andrey"
-unquote-

I've never read anything about such a convertor. Anyone else who have? Not that
I'm especially interested myself since I'm quite satisfied with the performance
of my G40, but I think any unknown compatability between the OM and IS systems
might be of interest to several people on this list.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden