Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors(Ultra 50)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors(Ultra 50)
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 22:33:16 EDT

> > I shot two or three rolls of Ultra 50 of the autumn colours in south
> eastern
>  > B.C. last year. Not one photo closely resembles the intensity or colour
>  > saturation of the scenes being photgraphed! Unless one is looking for
>  > extreme over colour saturation almost to the point of absurdity one
might
> do
>  > well to consider another colour negative film.
>  >
I just took a couple of rolls of Ultra 50 at Zion last week.  The skies did
not need a polarizer and produced nice deep blues, the highlights washed out,
the greens and browns were ultra saturated, there was no haze effect even
without a polarizer, skin tones were fine, and fine detail was contrasty and
pleasing.  But I'll stick with Velvia and Ilfochrome because I know what it
will do.

Warren