Re: [OM] No OM-4, etc on Olympus Jp site?

Subject: Re: [OM] No OM-4, etc on Olympus Jp site?
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:07:33 -0400
Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I was just cruising the OM net and noticed that the Olympus site in Japan
>(  http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/camera2E.html ) has VERY limited
>coverage of the OM group.  Only the OM-2000 and accessories and the OM-3Ti
>are mentioned.  NO OM-4Ti, no non-s-Zuiko's, etc.
>What's up?  Are they hurting for web space?  I'm assuming all the OM system
>stuff is still being sold.
The OM-4Ti is described in the Japanese part of their Web site and it has been
as you described in the English part for some time.

Those of you who are anxious can do:
1) e-mail Olympus Japan to complain the absence of the OM-4Ti in the English
camera information on the Olympus Optical site:
Or access another site to see the OM-4Ti with the current price in Japan.
2) Olympus opened up another site to do their P.R.  This is the Olympus-Sales
company site.  It is strictly in Japanese as far as I can tell.  This Olympus
Sales Company does the sales only in Japan for Olympus.

http://www.olympus-sales.co.jp/camera/slr/index.html

If you want to see the OM system lineup as a graphic, it is available on the
Olympus Optical site (http://www.olympus.co.jp/ ) in Japanese.  The way to
navigate is to click first on the top icon (ZLR icon) for the products on the
left side on the home page.  Look for the OM icon or the letters OM in the text
on the product page.  If you want to see the camera product list prices, a link
to it is located right below the centurion text link.

Have fun, but don't spend too much time if you are at work.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/