[OM] "A Day in the life" And Demographic info

Subject: [OM] "A Day in the life" And Demographic info
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 22:18:56 -0700
Hello All,
    Forgive me if this has shown up before, but I have not seen it in
the Digest.  So I am not sure if I am sending to the correct address.
I'd just as soon not piss off the group with my first (or third as this
would be) post.

        I am new to the list but I have been lurking for a few weeks now to get
the local flavor.  For the most part this has been the most useful
mailing list I have belonged to.  (Having just unsubscribed to the last
because of off topic over flow)

    I am 38, and photography is a means of documenting the events of my
life. Currently my 16 month old daughter and sports car racing are the
main subjects for my camera.  But the one thing this list has already
shown me is there is a lot more to learn than just how to get images on
film.
    I bought my first OM-1 in 1979 as a high school graduation present
for my self (although my father, like many others, was there for advice
and moral support).  I did not use it very much then, but I knew it was
a special camera.  Having had it stolen in '93 My insurance co. offered
to replace it with a C*n*n EOS Rebel.  When I went to a local camera
shop to see what I would be in for, I could not believe this was the
current
state of SLR's.  I quickly found a used OM-1n with a 50mm f1.4 and have
never looked back.  My only fear now is, at what point does one become a
"Zuikoholic".  How many lenses, bodies ect. qualifies.

    I too would be interested in the "A Day in the Life..." project and
would prefer to keep it simple to start with.

    Thanks to all of the list members for generating a truly valuable
repository of knowledge.  I would also like to thank Gary Reese for his
lens tests and the 300mm f4.5 from Ebay ( If the race car starts to run
properly I will get to use it this weekend).

Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer
Team FCAR
http://home.earthlink.net/~teamfcar/