Re: [OM] 28mm 3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm 3.5
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 20:10:08 +0000
At 19:39 5/27/99 , Sean wrote:

>       What are the opinions out there on this lens, especially
>when compared to the 28 2.8?  Gary's tests seem to indicate
>good performance at f8 (better than 28 2.8).  But when
>posting his review he indicated he didn't like the lens very
>much.  What are some of the lists experiences with this lens?  Its
>inexpensive price makes it a good candidate for a temp 28mm lens
>(until I can splurge for a 28 2).....
>
>What to you folks think?
>
>-Sean

Sean,
I have a 28/3.5 (SC) bought new nearly 20 years ago.  It does a great job
and is very, very sharp.  I have not measured its contrast and resolution
(as in a formal lens test), but its performance has delayed replacing it
with a faster one for some time, although I believe I eventually will
perhaps with a faster 24mm.

-- John