Re: [OM] Re: Exposure meter corrections

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Exposure meter corrections
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:35:01 -0400
MorrisMini@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Shaw says almost all camera manufactures
>err heavily on the over-exposure side in their specs.  His personal >cameras
>(Nikons) are all different, but settings of 50 for ISO 25 film
>(a full stop) are right in the ballpark.

Conversely, most of the better SLR's I've owned seem (to me) optimized
for slide film.  I think most camera makers first metering criterium is
(or was) to prevent highlight loss with slides.  All the cameras I've
had from the "classic" period----Konicas, K-1000's, AE-1's, SRT's and
most notably my OM-2s in "auto", will start to decrease exposure rapidly
if they pick up any bright highlights.  If it's sunny out, I set the
exposure compensation dial to +1/3 as a starting point with Kodachrome,
or on "spot" with the 2s.

Morgan Sparks