Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 19:33:12 -0700
Mr. Bean said:

On Sun, 23 May 1999 23:20:47 -0700 (PDT), Acer Victoria wrote:

>       No no, I meant anonymous period. Even after a photo is voted as
>winner, we don't know who took it. That way, there are no hard feelings if
>one person keeps winning, or if there are any personal rivalries or
>whatnot. Just my opinion.

But I do want to know who took it, and if mine is selected, I'd like
folks to know.

That said, I'd be content to simply post a rotating gallery and
forego the contest.

BBB

Wasn't it the very inclusive idea of "A day in the life of OM" the original
idea that everyone responded positively to. Akin to the "Day in the Life of
..." series of photobooks where a group of photographers are invited to
photograph whatever they want which represents their experience of the
subject country. How did this nice idea morph into a competition with
themes and judgings and critiques? Instead of an exposition of the life
experiences of the participants, it becomes picture taking to win a
contest. Something quite different.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA