Re: [OM] film rewinding trouble...

Subject: Re: [OM] film rewinding trouble...
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:36:01 +0200
: As many others will say, you tried to rewind the film without turning the
: small rewind BUTTON on the front of the camera (this disengages the
: sprocket) thereby ripping the sprockets/tearing the film.

I've had an OM-2n for a short while that didn't lock its rewind release
button. You had to keep it in its unlock position while rewinding otherwise
it would jump back and the film could be damaged. After a couple of films I
had enough of this bug; the camera shop repairman claimed it was a feature
and couldn't (or wouldn't) repair it so I insisted on a money refund. This
is one thing to check when you're buying an OM occasion.

Hans