[OM] Cullmann flashes

Subject: [OM] Cullmann flashes
From: "Dunay Gejza" <hadesia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:18:33 +0200
In Slovakia we have only 2 "non OEM flashes" that can be repaired here
(in warranty or later) and that have TTL and adapters for OM: Cullmann
and Metz.
It is surprising that Sunpak is rare in central Europe (in Austria and
Germany, too) and Vivitar does not have branch at present time in
Slovakia.
Because Metz is much more expensive I am thinking about buying of the
Cullmann (I got the information that they are produced by GMI Electric
in NY). The MD 34 Cullmann has a focus for 3 lens lenghts, reflector
can be turned in various directions  between 0-90 deg and GN in metres
is 34.
I am only afraid because the flash look really huge (and that one with
GN 44 even more) - I think its volume is bigger than OM body. The
design is not common and they are very much forward oriented - I am
afraid that the whole camera with adapter and  flash "would like feel
on the mouth", pardon, lens.
Is somebody on the list that have experiences with Cullmann flash? Are
they not hard with manipulation with camera in the field? Are they
working well? Can they be used by close up photos (I do not know if
the reflector design allow to get the light to shorter distance as f.
e. 1 m before lens)? Why they are not sale in USA if they are produced
there? Are they not  sale there under other name?

Gejza "excuse me if I am boring you with questions" Dunay
Slovak republic