[OM] RE: OM-40 computer problems

Subject: [OM] RE: OM-40 computer problems
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:16:06 +0200
Hi,

> It seems to me a computer problem. Does anybody know
> a way to reset an OMPC(40).

My OM-40 at times locks up when taking long exposures; the way I always use
to get it to open again is to perform the battery check, but apparently you
can also remove the batteries (and put them back) to achieve the same
result.

In your case, however, just doing this will most likely not be sufficient. I
have recently re-read the OM-40 manual and I remember having read something
about restting it. Unfortunately I don't have the manual anywhere near me
and I don't remember this from memory either. I just checked the Olympus FAQ
(http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html) and I
couldn't find it there (or I overlooked it). The answer to your question
should be printed in the manual, so if anyone has an OM-40 manual (maybe Oly
America can even provide them still), feel free to jump in here...

Realising this message is not much of a help, I hope at least you have a
starting point now.

Cheers!
Olaf