Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockup effecting res

Subject: Re: [OM] Pop photo anti-OM conspiracy? Was: Mirrror lockup effecting resolution
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 11:57:15 EDT
George writes:

> Now, my conspiracy question should be obvious:  Why are the 4Ti and 3Ti
>  not included in his list?  Their self-timers do the same thing, albeit
>  12 seconds before exposure.  Why did he single out Oly for criticism in
>  the article.

I'm willing to assume Herbert didn't even know the OM-4 self timer does a
prefire and mirror lock up.  Funny thing is that I didn't know till a few
weeks ago!

BTW, the OM-3 and 3Ti don't have a self timer.  Makes that an especially poor
oversight at this point.

Now, can anyone tell me what the function is for the two position lever on
the pentaprism side of the ISO speed dial on the OM-3 (not 3Ti - in which it
selects flash mode)?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV