Re: [OM] modification for silver oxide battery

Subject: Re: [OM] modification for silver oxide battery
From: "Neil Bell" <neil.bell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 10:22:35 +0000
>I would recommend that you spend the £30 to have a pro do the mod,
>unless you're on the dole or otherwise find that too expensive.

Thanks for the advice, which I shall bear in mind. I think my
soldering skills are good enough such that if I screw up I'll only
damage/ render unusuable the diode rather than the camera. I've
managed to solder some fairly tiny things before and I'm used to
doing other very fiddly manual tasks (e.g. dissecting the fruiting
bodies of mosses under the binocular microscope!) I'll give it a go
and if the worst comes to the worst I'll get someone else to do it.