Re: [OM] macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] macro flash
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 19:18:21 -0400
At 09:52 PM 5/14/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all!
>I am new on this list (digest) and I am from "exotic" country -
>Slovakia. I am not camera fan but I use it often. I am an entomologist
>and herpetologist and therefore I take mainly pictures of insects,
>amphibians and reptiles. I have got OM 4, zoom 4/65-200, and short ago
>I bought 2/50 macro and telescopic auto extension tube. My Metz "died
>because of old age" and therefore I need not only a new flash for
>macrophotography but for normal photography, too
>Can you recommend me some flash setup for macrophotography? (Ring,
>twin, or arrangement with regular flashes)? I work in field and with
>dry mounted insects, too.
> Which flashes of other marks can work (TTL) with OM 4 without adapter
>and for which does adapter exist?
>And remember by reccomendations please, that $$ are for me probably
>more hard to find as for somebody from EU or USA, but I am not that
>rich that I can buy something cheap that will not work.
>Thanks in advance

I suppose the 'correct' way is to use one of the Oly flashes specifically
designed for macro. They would be the T28, either single or double, or one of
the ring flashes (the T8 or T10). All these require the T-series power control.
These set-ups are not inexpensive. However I know some folk have rigged up
similar arrangements using a pair of T20s on brackets, with off-camera cords.
Hopefully you will hear from someone with more details.

And your English is considerably better than that of some of my acquaintances'
:-)

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.