Re: [OM] Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Wide Angles
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 14:34:09 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Salce
Subject: [OM] Wide Angles

>...I have the choice of purchasing one of
>three mint condition wide-angles, namely a 35mm/2.8, a 28mm/3.5 or a
>24mm/2.8...

I agree with other respondents - the 24mm. I sold my 35mm because I have
several compacts with that focal length. My 28mm f3.5 only occasionally
produced sharp pictures and now, thanks to Gary's tests, I realise that it
is really only satisfactory at f8.
Up to 5 months ago I didn't think I needed another wide angle lens either
but I bought a used 24mm f2.8 OM fitting Miranda MC because it was at a
price I couldn't refuse, and it's been really enjoyable to use. The
perspective looks pretty extreme through the viewfinder but quite natural in
the print. It's just amazing how you can juxtapose objects with it and get
interesting pictures out of hitherto impossibly tight corners.

Regards,
Keith (Birmingham UK)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx