[OM] B300 (and ot new tech)

Subject: [OM] B300 (and ot new tech)
From: Scott Peterkin <martlet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:30:26 -0400
Has anyone tried using the B300 & IS3 for portrait situations?  Any
comments?
Also - since this camera has a week thread for a tripod, must this
combination
always be hand held?

Scott

P.S.

OT: For What Its Worth...

This post is from George Gilder (nationally known writer on
technology) to a Silicon Investor investment discussion group
for the company  National Semiconductor Corporation.  As
Olympus is a major manufacturer of digital camera I thought it
would be of interest here.
-----
"National owns 45 percent of a company, Foveon, that has just
reinvented the camera (orders of magnitude more resolution and
orders of magnitude lower costs). It uses an analog VLSI process
that can only be produced on National fabs (though it could be
licensed to others). Just the top part of the camera business, for
professionals who are blown away by the Foveon, is worth $4 billion.
Invented by Carver Mead, this camera will dominate the business,
from professionals to throwaways. "
---

PLEASE - As I am very partial to discussions regarding OM & IS
equipment, lets keep comments down to a minimum on this one.  Now
back to the real stuff.

Scott Peterkin
Atlanta, GA  USA