Re: [OM] XA question - long post

Subject: Re: [OM] XA question - long post
From: EricSwansn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:24:00 EDT
Thanks John and Mike for responding.

<<The XA, like any camera should be checked up every 2 years if used
regularly.>>

Can any reputable camera shop do this or is it a specialty job? I imagine
most shops don't see XAs every day. I've got the names of the shops and
technicians mentioned in the Olympus FAQ. Would it be best to send it to one
of them when I have the time?

<<At close range it is possible your A16 is overexposing but
there's also a possibility that the prints are just too light.  Often, close
flash shots are surrounded by clear background.  When these negs go through
the printer, the automation sees the clear background and underexposes the
entire print.>>

You're talking about the print here right? So if this is the problem I could
have them re-printed by someone being careful and they might be OK. Is that
what you mean?

<>

<<At risk of sounding patronizing, don't forget to set the ASA on both the
camera and the flash.>>

No patronization taken. Yes the flash was set to match the camera and film. I
should have included that in my post.

<<And if that wasn't the problem then look on the bright side.  At least with
an XA you have the ability to do some exposure adjustment (with the ASA
setting) to get just the look you want.>>

So you agree it would be worth experimenting with the ASA setting to
compensate? Am I right thinking I would set the ASA higher than normal to
compensate for over exposure?

Thanks,   Eric