Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters - which ones to use?
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:45:39 -0700
Olaf;

The 1.4X Zuiko works quite well with the 300/4.5  I've had great results
with that combo. I would highly recommend this combo over any of your
other options. His latest warnings are vis-a-vis the 135/2.8 + Zuiko 2x.
Not goo I understand.  I've got a 65-200 but I've never tried it with
the Zuiko 2x, it's not a recommended combo.  The 100-200/5 + 2x is
recommended and my results with that are pretty good. Certainly better
than Gary's tests would indicate.

I have had fine results with the 300/4.5 wide open.  On my gallery page
(http://www.whitneygallery.com) (or the un-oly gallery) is a picture of
a Coyote in winter.  This was taken with the 300/4.5 wide open.  On
Kodachrome 200.  It prints beautifully at 11x14.

I once tried the 7-element Tokina 2x. Used it on the 65-200.  Results
were not useable.  I sold the Tokina.

George

BTW, the 1.4x costs only 1 stop, not 2.