[OM] Photo gallery - phase II

Subject: [OM] Photo gallery - phase II
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:04:34 +0200
Hi all,

Over the past few weekends I've redone my entire picture gallery. All
pictures have been re-scanned and look much better now. The old versions
looked as if they had some sort of veil over them, but the new ones look
much more similar to the originals in print. Also, I've added some pictures
of Peru.

Currently, there are pictures (in order of appearance) from: Italy, Japan,
Spain, Venezuela, The Netherlands, and Peru.

When viewing these pictures, it is best to use as many colours as your
graphics card allows you to use, as the pictures were saved in the JPEG
24-bit format (which means that the available colour palette for the
pictures consists of 16.777.216 colours - which because of lack of enough
pixels can't all be shown simultaneously on the screen ;) ). Viewing them in
16-bit mode (65.536 colours, max.) will also be o.k., but image quality loss
is definitely noticeable when viewing them in only 256 colours (although the
pictures don't look as bad as I feared they would).

O.k., now that we've got that out of the way, here is the URL:
http://members.xoom.com/olaf_greve

I hope you will all enjoy the pictures, and I'd love to hear some
comments/suggestions about them.

Cheers!
Olaf