[OM] Focusing Screen

Subject: [OM] Focusing Screen
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 21:47:30 +0800
Last time we have talked about bright focusing screen, now I found that the
bright and easy focus FC that came with the used OM-4 I got from a
professional photography was a Canon E-Series "E-C" screen. It took me a
long time to find it out because I didn't notice that the E-Series FC from
Canon have different brightness, I had got a E-screen with Grid lines that
was a "Laser-matte" while the "E-C" was "New Laser-matte", which is much
brighter than the old one.

The E-C is very cheap, I paid US$34 for two, they are now installed in my
OM-4 and 4Ti. The B&H price is $19.95, with slight modifications it works
very well with OM3s and 4s. I rate it very fine and  brightness is between
OM's 2-series screen and Minolta 7000 series screen.

C.H.Ling