Re: [way OT] quantum physics (was: Re: Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 +

Subject: Re: [way OT] quantum physics (was: Re: Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 +
From: Sean Mattingly <matting@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 13:08:24 +0200 (MET DST)
"
" > The Heisenberg Uncertainty Priciple: you cannot know the momentum of a
" > sub-atomic particle. You can know its velocity, or its mass, but not both.
"
" Not exactly.  You can know momentum with arbitrary precision; what you

  Well, dang it.  Some other particle guy beat me to the punch....AND I
didn't see it in my inbox before I sent mine off.  Sorry for the
double lecture.

" Hmm, groping for some kind of OM connection . . .  Nope, nothing here
" but physics.

  Actually, I think there may be an OM connection.  You can only truly
understand quantum mechanics if you sit in a corner and say "OMMMMMMM"
for a long period of time.

" Steve Schaffner
" sschaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  OK, I'll quit wasting everybody's time now...
--
Sean Mattingly                      |   What is, is
----------------------              |   What is not is possible