Re: [OM] Shutter Shudders Scutiny

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter Shudders Scutiny
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 14:29:03 EDT

>  It's not really necessary to attach the laser pointer to the camera or
>  lens,
>  all you really need is a small mirror attached (maybe with double sided
>  tape) then the laser pointer can be aimed at that.

Let me try to expand on this. You never know if the motion you see with the
laser light occurs before, during or after the exposure. So attach the mirror
to the body, aim the laser pointer so that it the dot is in the field of view
of the camera lens and take a photo. This will eliminate any vibrations that
occur after the shutter closes and the mirror falls back down (an undamped
motion).

Warren