[OM] Single Systems can't swim while shuddering

Subject: [OM] Single Systems can't swim while shuddering
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 13:33:47 -0500
I've been thinking about this quite a bit since the question first came up.
 With John Gardner's camera death by drowning, the question becomes even
more valid.  I'm looking at my camera kit now and think that I've pretty
much got it down to a bare minimum as it is:

Om-1md
OM-2s
24/2.8
35/shift
35-70/2.8 zoom
100/2.8
200/2.8

I also have a Mamiya Super23 with 100/3.5 lens, an Olympus IS-3 and various
accessories for all the above.  Which would I keep, or what would be my
three lenses of first choice?  24/2.8, 35-70 zoom and the 100/2.8 all with
the OM-2s.  However, tied with that is the IS-3.

Why this makes me rethink the question is that Olympus asked the same
question when designing the IS-3.  The IS-3 has an incredible 35-180 zoom
that litterally replaces the 35-70 zoom, 100mm and 200mm in my kit.  Flash
exposures are, overall, more consistant in the IS-3 than the OM's OTF flash
control. On top of all that, it has autofocus!

When asking a question like "Which Camera and three lenses?" you must
identify the usage.  Commercial work would demand a different system than
wedding work, which demands a different system than macro work which
demands a different system than sports/photojournalism work....

Did you know that if you cross your eyes really hard, the IS-3 looks like
the new Contax 645AF?

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx