Re: [OM] OM-PC: Nice for glasses wearers?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC: Nice for glasses wearers?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 15:20:40 +0200
Olaf wrote:

: I'm not 100ertain about that. AFAIK the camera has a brass body rather
: than the plastic that was supposedly used in the 10, 20 and 30. You can
: check this on Hans van Veluwen's sales information pages (URL, Hans?).

Yes, this is the reason the body is 30g heavier than the OM-10; still with
its 460g it is 60g lighter than an OM-2. Ah, a semi-professional body, then
;-)

:and it appeared to be significantly brighter. I also found that the image
:seemed easier to focus.
:Isn't this mainly dependent on the focusing screen that's used?

The OM-20, OM-30 and OM-40 have Lumi-Micron screens that are a bit finer and
brighter, somewhere in between the "1" series and the "2" (Fine Lumi-Micron)
series of focusing screens.

: Yes, it's less flexible in those respects, also it doesn't allow a
databack
: to be put on it and it works slower than an OM-4 with a motor drive (2.5
vs.
: 5 frames/sec.), apart from that it's not a bad camera at all.

It's 3.5 frames/second, really. But still way to slow to capture Miss Fongs
graceful motions in their full glory :-)

For the rest you really described the OM-40/PC (Personal Choice?) very well.
One addition from my side: the OM-40 is the only two-digit camera that
supports Auto TTL "OTF" flash.  For serious flashing (off-camera) with the
OM-40 you may want the TTL Auto 0.6m Shoe Cord T.

Hans