Re: [OM] OM-10Q MD Adjustement/Repair

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10Q MD Adjustement/Repair
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:11:21 +0200
Kinkead, Frank W wrote:

> Problem: My OM-10Q is not functioning on Winder 1 or Winder 2:
>
> John Hermanson Recently Responded - "If your 10 is not working with a Winder
> 1 or 2 (NOT Motor Drive 1 or 2), then it is most likely the MD switch in the
> bottom of the camera is either dirty or out of adjustment.  The switch does
> not need modification to work with a winder."
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem and accomplished any "at home" diagnostics
> or adjustments to the MD switch ?  I've taken off the plate but I don't see
> any obvious cleaning to do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chip
> St. Louis, MO  USA

Hello Chip,

I have had similar problems with my old OM1. Cleaning the switch is
usually easy. Take a bit of an ordinary piece of paper and slide it
between the contact points of the switch. Even if the switch may look
clean, the paper can sometimes reveal some dirt. If that doesn't help
it is probably a matter of adjustment, which is a lot harder to do.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"