Re: [OM] OM-F Mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-F Mirror
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:06:22 EDT
K&C writes:

> I have an Olympus OM-F (30). Everything work perfectly except that one every
>  two
>  picture the mirror doesn't flip (It's like taking a picture in "B" mode)!
>
>  do you have an explanation and how to fix it!

Sounds like the oil on the shutter magnet problem which plagues the OM-10 and
OM--G, since the OM-F is the same lineage.  It can be cleaned, but I'm told
that 750f the time it reappears after a few years.

I'll leave it to others to discuss the cleaning process, if it isn't already
in our FAQ.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV