Re: [OM] Lens Hood for 35-105 Zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Hood for 35-105 Zoom
From: "Peter Davies" <davies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:36:05 +1000
For what it is worth, the 35-70/f4 lens hood can also be used.  However when I
replaced this with a newly acquired 35-105 lens hood I noticed that there is a
little lip of metal on the inside so I mounted this on the lens and then put on
the filter.  This also puts the 35-105 hood in a fixed position on the lens -
unlike the 35-70 lens hood which has to be positions manually on the end of the
35-105 lens, btw the 35-70 seems to have a constant space on the end of the les
which would explain the lack of the "lip".

I hope this is clear please email me if its unclear

Peter Davies

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

> John:
>
> Sounds like someone just unscrewed a filter with the hood attached.  You are
> describing the only hood I know for the 35-105mm f/3.5~4.5.  Once you loosen
> the small screw the filter should be removable, unless it got stuck somehow.

   Yes, it sounds exactly like mine, save with a filter still clamped in.

                                 *= Doris Fang =*