[OM] self timers; Vision Age

Subject: [OM] self timers; Vision Age
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 17:29:45 -0700
The Leica M cameras lack a self timer because the space for it was used to hold
the battery when Leitz added a built-in meter. (Leica once ran an ad promising
they would never include a built-in meter "until creativity could be automated."
Does anyone know which current-production cameras include automated creativity?
Leicas sure don't!)

In one respect it seems odd Leicas lack a self timer, because many are bought by
Japanese collectors. Of course, if the camera just sits in a display case, its
lack of a self timer (or any other feature!) isn't too important.