[OM] New Unofficial Olympus Web!!!

Subject: [OM] New Unofficial Olympus Web!!!
From: David Irisarri Vila <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 16:06:17 +0200
Dear Zuikolics and Olympus enthusiasts!!!

        I have built a new web with some photos I´ve taken since
I bought my OM4Ti one year ago.
        I have used Kodak PhotoCD scanning, supposed to be the
best choice for Ektachrome E100S. I had to return it to my Pro
lab twice with a long list with errors; they tryied it but
it was impossible to get accurate colour. Now I can say that
Kodak Precision Transform that comes with Photoshop is very
imprecise. I´ll have to use Binuscan ColorPro that handles
very well shadows, highlights and performs an excellent colour
correction but I can´t afford $1800. I also wrote to Kodak without
any reply and Tony Sleep explained me(sure you know him from his
slide-scanner tests)
Unfortunately, I think this is the problem; PhotoCD *is* usually
dark and dull, with inaccurate colours! PCD is a cheap, mass-market
solution. It just isn't very good.

        I also had a lot of problems with Fuji Reala and PhotoCD,
I tryied to recalibrate it but it was a failed attempt. I´ll
use my PowerLook II and Binuscan to rescan some Fuji Reala shoots.
What a pity, 600x1200 can´t resolve very well slides!!! ;-(
I hope you like some of my photos; they aren´t so brilliant like
Ulf Westerberg outstanding gallery but I want to contribute to this
superb Olympus mailing list.

        I would like to dedicate to DORIS FANG my photos taken
with my recently ZUIKO acquisition (135/3,5) Terribly good and
lightweight. Thank you very much for your comments, DORIS. Sometimes
we like to spend a lot of money in fast, fast lenses and we forget
about the rest.

Best regards,

Dave