Re:[OM] The OM 2000

Subject: Re:[OM] The OM 2000
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:43:39 -0500
From: "Arnab Kumar Banerjee" <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
asked about the advisability of buying an OM-2000.

I bought my OM2000 shortly after it was released in the US.  It has spot
metering, 1/125s flash sync, and multiple exposure, the latter two of which are
not found on any OM system cameras.  Despite my initial problem with the
film-rewind lever, I am using it without any modification once I got my dioptric
correction lens, which allowed me to use the camera without my glasses.  I am a
right-eye shooter.  I also discovered by lending it to my nieces that there are
enough left-eye shooters in the world.  One of my two nieces automatically put
her left eye to the finder.  Her right-eye-shooting sister did not have a
problem with it and shot a few more than her sister did.

If I were to buy one today, I would buy a body only unless if you don't have a
35-70mm zoom.  I have been using the OM2000 with the 35-70mm/3.5-4.5.  This
camera was with me on my recent trip to Japan as well as last year.  I used it
to take pictures from the bus window in Scotland, some prints of which I sold to
a few people.  Its light body makes it a nice small travel camera and yet it
offers spot metering and takes all my Zuiko lenses.  Recently I used it to test
my newly-purchased 24mm shift and Cosina 20mm wide angle lenses.  I think I
would buy it new because it is So nice to have a brand-new camera in your hand
even if it can do very simple things for you. I think Olympus' addition of spot
metering is a strong selling point in contrast to the FM10.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/