[OM] Heretical Q - Autofocus

Subject: [OM] Heretical Q - Autofocus
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:13:54 -0600 (CST)
Yesterday I took a quick look at the specs on the IS3, and wondered
why, given that Olympus has obviously gotten comfortable with
autofocus and shutter priority functions, and has packaged them along
with programmed, aperture priority, and manual focus operations in a
consumer grade camera, they haven't managed to squeeze these features
into a professional grade camera? Mind you, I'd hate to see slavish
devotion to the feature of the week, but it seems like the addition
of technology that Olympus already uses to the tested and proven
features of the OM series would result in a more versatile camera,
and put Oly back into the mainstream (read - larger market share)
photo market.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel