Re: [OM] OM bodies--and system ease of use?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM bodies--and system ease of use?
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:45:03 -0800
Wow.  If that's a rant, then rant on.  Once again I find myself nodding in
pure agreement, wishing I'd said that.  Especially the part about the
"hardware that dances in my hands".  Oh yesss....  :)

To answer the original question - I use a 1n, 2n and 4T regularly.  I choose
the lens/body/attachment combination to suit what my mind's eye wants as the
result.  For motorsports, it's either the 4T with 300mm f/2.8, MD2 and
monopod or the 2n with 300mm, MD2 and 250 back (great for pitstop action
sequences).  Astro work is the 1n exclusively, as is most flat copy work.
The 2n or the 4T (whichever I grab first) is the favorite for "family
snaps".  Long auto-exposure is the sole domain for the 2n.  My toolbox is
the same way.  I'll bet I have 5 or 6 different 13mm wrenches, each for a
different specific need.  Use the right tool for the job, the one that fits
best, and it becomes an extension not only of your hands, but also your
mind.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

*- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>[Warning: Fang-rant in progress]