Re: [OM] OM bodies--and system ease of use?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM bodies--and system ease of use?
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:53:59 EST
In a message dated 3/29/99 6:00:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, ab-lnc@u-
picardie.fr writes:

<< I would like to know what is your favourite OM body?
 I've heard that the OM2s are not reliable and that the OM2(n) are getting
 too old...
 If I need ttl flash, which seems to be a good OM feature will I need to go
 for the OM4?
 Please help me
 TIA, >>

My own favorite OM body is the OM4Ti--why? Because I was able to send it back
to Olympus for a complete repair, including switching the goldish(?) titanium
top and bottom covers to "new" black ones. But my only other OM is a OM1 with
a much less refined viewfinder image.

I must add that I was surprised by prior postings to this that still, for many
people the OM1 or OM2 remain favorites even over the OM 4 with it's super
elegant metering system and automation--not the mention the continued
preference of OM over the plethora of autofocus choices today. This seemed to
me to raise a fundamental question--what is the relationship between system
complexity and individual creativity?

I have to confess that for me, it is frequently inverse--the more "stuff" I
have the less memorable the shots sometimes. How do others feel about this?

Alex