Re:[OM] IS-30 on Sale

Subject: Re:[OM] IS-30 on Sale
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:54:52 -0500
After I had sent my post off on this topic, I realized my mistake.  The Fill-in
Flash available on the IS-20 and on the IS-3Dlx here in the US must be taken
with aperture closed to whatever is needed or fixed to produce ordinary flash
synchronization.  The sample photos indicate the depth of field under such
conditions.  On the other hand the super FP mode invoked in the portrait mode of
the new L-30 (and L3) allows blurring of the background, use of wide-open
aperture.

Whenever I can pick up an American brochure of the IS-30 at my local camera
store, I'll find out exactly what the American version does.  If you can wait
until next time I visit Japan (tentatively January, 2000), please let me know
off list.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/