Re: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 06:42:01 EST
Keith writes:

> On the other hand, I
>  feel that the addition of the Winder moves the camera away from the tripod
>  screw and adds increased whippiness to the whole assembly and prefer to
>  remove it for tripod use.

You have a good point here.  I now recall using both a cable release and a
foot switch to the Winder for extensive copy work.  I'd trip the shutter with
the cable release THEN wind to the next frame with the footswitch.  Something
trial and error lead me to that procedure, but I don't recall how formal my
test was.  Why the Winder at all?  I finally busted the chassis of an OM-1
after manually winding a few hundred rolls of film while the camera was
mounted on a copy stand.  The tripod socket is a weak point on an OM!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV