Re: [OM] Manual adapter on OM10

Subject: Re: [OM] Manual adapter on OM10
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:36:46 +0000
Yes, you have to move the switch to manual then the shutter sppeds will be set
by
the adapter.  The indicated shutter speed in the viewfinder is a good starting
point
but obviously the idea of the manual adapter is to set an exposure other than
what
the camera suggests.

For instance you might be taking a portrait of someone with strong backlighting
coming through a window.  The manual adapter allows you to do spot metering
with
your feet.  Walk up to your subject so that you are very close - no need to
focus
the camersa - so that their hair (presuming non blonde and caucasian), or half
hair
half face fills the viewfinder, then set the shutter speed to that indicated in
the
viewfinder.  Now walk back to where you want to take the shot from and focus
and
shoot.

Another use would be panoramas made from numerous single frames. To get an
even tone from one frame to the next the exposure for each has to be the same
so you
you use the adapter to set the exposure you want then take all the shots at
that
setting.

Giles