Re: [OM] OM 3 or 4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 3 or 4
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 01:07:42 EST
Roger writes:

> He stated that the best was the OM3Ti but that Oly had not made one in years
>  and that the ones listed at B&H and others were old stock (not used but
>  manufactured several years ago.)

Your dealer is misinformed.  It is currently in production, albeit batch
production, like other OM items.

B&H (and any other Olympus authorized dealer) might be selling old stock, but
not necessarily.  One never really knows where the box you are getting was
purchased!  Since I personally know of a case where B&H sold as new in 1997 a
single coated 50mm f/1.4, it is entirely possible you could get "Like New In
Box" equipment acquired in a camera store buyout, or a Minty used lens put on
a new body to make it look like a new in box combo.  Buyer beware.

Gary Reese
on the road in Albuquerque, NM