Re: [OM] Why would someone pay too much for something on eBay? Here's w

Subject: Re: [OM] Why would someone pay too much for something on eBay? Here's whyI have...
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:04:46 -0600
Right on, Rand E.

When one lives out in the sticks like I do, almost everything photographic
(as well as most  "adult middle-age-crisis-toys") seem to be made out of
"unobtainium".

eBay aside, this is why I paid $26 for a hood from Olympus customer support
the other day.  I had never seen hide 'nor hair of one elsewhere, and I
knew (from Gary's Most Masterful Laboratory of Lens tests) that the 24mm f2
needed a proper hood to avoid vignetting.  Did lots of searching, to no
avail.  So, what to do?  Not much choice... bite the bullet & buy the hood.
Knowing how my luck runs, I'll probably find out later that Gary's got one
in the box of toys that he's bringing back to Nevada, I suppose....  but
them's the breaks.

regards,

Mahlon