[OM] A lurker emerges and professes his love...

Subject: [OM] A lurker emerges and professes his love...
From: Scj9000@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:35:34 EST
In a message dated 3/17/99 1:23:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I bought my first OM-1 in 1975, and I've never
 bought anything else.  After trading, buying, and selling, I've got 4
 bodies (OM-1x2, OM2n, OM4), and about 12 lenses  >>

Skip,
Welcome to our addiction-support-group. I too made my first leap in '75 to the
OM1, then '76 the OM2, later the OM4 and another OM2....yipes.. I do have a
problem...:=)

 I too have never been able to get excited by another brand since starting
this system. Just before I committed to the OM system I had a few
others..tried a Fuji, tried a cute little Minolta that was flat with a
zoom...it took grodie ole 110 film tho, then had a Mamiya 35mm, used my Dad's
Minolta .....once I tried the Zuiko lenses i was hooked. In the early nineties
I had need of a point-and-shoot for dragging to trade shows, and even then I
got an Olympus.....ya just can't go "back".

Finding this list is akin to running into the love-of-your-life-guy you were
pinned to in college and being able to pick it all back up again...except that
the OM's still look like they did 25 years ago!! LOL
Susan