Re: [OM] Advice on whether to buy a Zuiko 100/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice on whether to buy a Zuiko 100/2.8?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:44:08 -0500
If as you say, you need a nice fixed portrait lens and you use OM bodies,
the only reason not to have this lens is if your studio is rather small and
you
can only go with the 85mm f-2.
On paper this may not be the sharpest or most contrasty of the Zuikos,
but you did say portraits.
BTW, it is more than good enough for any other application you may have for
it.
$120 sounds right to me if it is in good nick.

<<Popped by my "local" camera store yesterday to check on Oly stuff, and
found a nice 100/2.8 resting on the shelf. I _need_ a fixed portrait lens
(ok so I have the 75-150 and a 28-200 but they don`t really count...)
Petite and comfy and I really liked the size of it.
But I have no idea on price ranges and what it's worth - is it worth $120?
(I didn't try it, but the store has a nice warranty)>>