[OM] Tamron 350/5.6 SP

Subject: [OM] Tamron 350/5.6 SP
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:04:10 EST
I can't touch Gary's gloat on his Tamron 400/4, but I did find a 350/5.6
mirror at a reasonable price (minor gloat).  I went to the local zoo and took
several shots of the scarlett ibises with Kodak Max @800 ISO.  The OM 2S was
beeping a lot due to overexposure but I went ahead anyway.  The shots were
nice and contrasty enough for my taste. No overexposure problems on the prints
turned up.  Superfine detail on feathers was missing with the birds about
15-20 feet away. It does seem to be sharper than my Sigma 400/5.6. I'll try
some Velvia next time to see what the lens can really do.

Warren

PS. Scarlet ibises make good "test swans"  The Santa Ana zoo is about 1/2 mile
from my work so I can shoot tropical birds for lunch (during lunch).