[OM] Tamron 400/4 SP /Adaptall mounts

Subject: [OM] Tamron 400/4 SP /Adaptall mounts
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:54:34 -0600
Just back from the Ft. Worth camera show where I got a fantastic price on a
beautiful Tamron 400 f/4 SP with matched teleconverter.  I hope this lens is
really as good as claimed in this list's discussions.  It surely is wonderful to
look through!  And it has an olive finish that must be less alarming to critters
than those huge white bottles crashing through the forest!  Good thing my wife
is
a birder - she was actually happy that I bought it!

Incidentally, I bought it off a poor, unenlightened n*k*n shooter.  I let him
keep
the N Adaptall mount since I have an OM version.  Mine is one of the bad ones,
so
I'll soon be filling the screw recess with epoxy to protect my OM-4Ts.  One
writer
suggested removing the screw prior to filling, but I think that is not the best
advice, considering the load applied by  that 400 mm lens.  Epoxy softens quite
easily with heat.  If it ever becomes necessary to remove the screw, I am
confident that a brief application of a soldering iron will allow removal of the
epoxy.

The only downside to this gloat is that I'm leaving once again for NM tomorrow
and
I can't take it with me to try out.  Oh well, spring is coming.

Gary Edwards