Re: [OM] 135mm 2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 135mm 2.8
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:47:13 -0500

Kelton asks:
>Is there a MC version of the 135mm 2.8?

yes, my list of 135/2.8's (partly based on Paul's) seems to indicate that they
will be labeled either (as below where sn is serial number):

OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO MC AUTO-T 1:2,8 f=135mm sn
OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO AUTO-T 135mm 1:2,8 sn made in Japan

>Is it safe to say that a silver-ringed version of a lens is ALWAYS a single
coated version?

Not entirely, but it's a fair approximation, the earliest 24/2's, 35/2's and
50/3.5 macros' I've ever seen appear to have been a MC with a chrome ring.
(labeled Zuiko MC though!)

>Finally, does this information already exist on some helpful person's
website?

eh... sort of... but you've seen

http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.html
http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html