Re: [OM] "useful" labeling

Subject: Re: [OM] "useful" labeling
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:05:34 +0200
><<In other words: the Japanese only do so in a reaction to the odd and
>ludicrous American way of trying to make a financial profit from own
>stupidity causing damage or injury, by blaming manufacturers for not
>giving enough information about their products.
>
>Just a thought of a (European) spectator...
>
>Frank van Lindert,
>Utrecht NL.>>
>
>Right you are Frank.
>You should see all the safety labels on a step ladder these days.
>BTW, fix means attach to many people, as does fit.
>
>Charlie L
>Back after a bout of pnumonia

There is this quality management program ISO 9001 which is en vogue today,
and companies which have qualified to say that they are ISO 9001 certified,
print on every (really every) sales brochure the sentence: WARNING To
ensure correct usage, read corresponding manuals carefully before using
your equipment.
On the other hand I think it's better to stick one label "too much" than
one "too little". If the labels are well designed, you often don't need a
further instruction manual if you buy such equipment second hand.

Matthias