Re: [OM] Photo copy

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo copy
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:09:49 -0800
If your lights are like mine, a 12 inch diameter reflector or thereabouts,
I'd recommend 4 lights instead of two.  For something that large I don't
believe two will provide even illumination.  A bright overcast day will
certainly do the trick.

As for film, the Kodak T-Max B&W films are easily processed commercially.
If you have a pro photo lab handy, nothing will beat Tech Pan for sharpness
and lack of grain, but development is not readily available in many areas.

I think I try a normal lens in the 85mm-135mm range first and see how well
it worked.  For such a large object you are well out of the need for a macro
lens.  However, a macro will certainly work; I just don't see a compelling
need.

Good luck :)
John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"