Re: [OM] Zuiko Safari Kit (follow-up)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Safari Kit (follow-up)
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:59:57 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Kerry,
> Hate to disagree with all the advice you have received on the need for a
> really Long Tele, but I personally feel the best all around lens for your
> trip, and for BIG GAME, would be a 300mm.  While 400 & 500mm's come into their
> own (especially small game) and do offer some advantages.

  For Kerry, I suggest digging up a copy of the Popular Photography
February '99 issue. There is a great article written by the "Nature"
columnists precisely on going on safari, written by people who are pros
and have been on several.

 These pros have used beanbags "for years" with
600mm lenses and their pics look tack-sharp. They show an ingenious
beanbag/ballhead combo "designed expressly for use on African Safari"
(that looks like it could be cobbled up at home, btw).

   Anyway, if Kerry (or anyone else in the USA) has a problem finding this
article and wants a Xerox, e-mail me privately.

                                     *= Doris Fang =*