RE: [OM] IS-30 features; follow-focus

Subject: RE: [OM] IS-30 features; follow-focus
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:46:25 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 9 mars 1999 15:42
Ämne: [OM] IS-30 features; follow-focus

William Sommerwerck wrote:
>When the light is so dim the autofocus won't work, the IS-10 and -20
pulse the
>flash very rapidly (as they do for red-eye reduction). I presume
there isn't
>enough room in the camera body for a separate focus illuminator, so
they use the
>flash. There's no way to turn off this battery-draining feature, so
I'm grateful
>the IS-30 will need to use it less often.

Ok, but what happens if you don't pop-up the flash (I imagine the
built-in flash in the smaller IS's can be released or "popped-up" in
much the same way as the G28 in IS-3)? Then you should be protected
against this battery draining, but of course AF would still not work
very well. In IS-3 you can always go power (manual) focus, but I don't
think you can do that in the smaller IS's (a serious drawback with
these?) Is there a warning in the viewfinder to activate flash when
there isn't enough available light for the AF system?

Per Nordenberg