Re: [OM] Long Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Long Zuiko Lenses
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 04:44:51 EST
<<"I know Olympus made some good macro optics for example, and OM1 bodies are
not too expensive. The trouble with Olympus is that they never made good,
cheap, long telephotos."

Is this generally thought to be a correct statement?  Should we look elsewhere
for reasonably priced long lenses?  What are the alternatives?>>

The problem is that no one else makes cheap long teles either.

My current wish list is: Zuiko 300/4.5*(fulfilled), Tamron 300/2.8, Zuiko
350/2.8, Tarmon 400/4, Zuiko 500/8 mirror*, and Questar 700 mirror.  All
except for * are usually above $1000.00.

If you want 300mm+ lens for Canon, Nikon or Minolta, I would not say any of
them were cheap and all are over $1000.00.  In fact, you could probably buy a
body as an accessory to the lens.

The serious wildlife photogs seem to like the Nikon 500/4 with extender, Arca
B-1, Gitzo CF. This would cost many thousands.

Good luck.

Warren
wkato@xxxxxxx