RE: [OM] New OM 35-70

Subject: RE: [OM] New OM 35-70
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:05:24 -0600
On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 07:52:36AM -0600, Dave Bulger wrote:
>> How come and for why is the new 35-70 (the one that usually comes with
the
>> OM2000) so inexpensive?  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just that
I've
>> learned that things that appear to be too good to be true generally
are...

>Have you handled one? It's light, cheap plastic throughout. I was
singularly
>unimpressed.

Can't say that I have -- my total exposure to the lens and the OM2000 has
been strictly through ads and the like.

My current 35-70/4 is a) a bit loose on the focus & zoom, b) no detents or
"clicks" on the aperture settings, and c) is pretty bulky/heavy compared to
the Tokina 35-70 it replaced.  I'm kinda trying to stick to Zuikos these
days if it's financially feasible, so this one caught my eye.

Anyone have any idea as to the sharpness/contrast of this lens?

Rgds,

Dave